Sunday, September 28, 2014

California Quinoa Salad


This recipe from Damn Delicious is a "copycat recipe" inspired by a salad at Whole Foods. I've never tried this salad before but the combination of ingredients (mango, red pepper, coconut, raisins, red onion, lime, cilantro) looked interesting to me so thought I should give it a try.

This salad was light and fresh tasting, and had a unique flavour.  I will definitely be making it again!

A few notes:
  • I didn't add mangos. Sold out at 2 grocery stores. Who knows, maybe it would have made the salad even better! If anything, it may have made the salad too sweet for me - I felt the raisins and coconut had enough of a subtle sweetness.
  • The orange in the picture is an orange bell pepper as I only had half a red bell pepper
  • I toasted the sliced almonds
  • Not stated in the recipe but I seasoned (to taste) with salt and pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment