Saturday, September 20, 2014

Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers


I bought a bunch of colourful bell peppers and needed to find a recipe for them - I found this great recipe from Damn Delicious.  This dish was beautiful and delicious - there is something about preparing and eating lovely looking food… So, I'm posting some extra pictures!

I think this would be a great side dish if you're having company over and wanted to impress them.

A few notes:

  • I excluded the green chilies and pepper jack cheese
  • I didn't exactly measure any of the ingredients that went into the quinoa mixture, I think that is what is great about this recipe as you can tweak it to how you like it!
  • 1 cup dry quinoa yields approximately 3 cups cooked
  • I happened to have celery in my fridge so I diced a stalk and threw it in

 
Just out of the oven!




No comments:

Post a Comment