Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Banana Oat Cookies

Thanks to Colleen for directing me to this recipe. These cookies were tasty and moist, quick to prepare and I was happy to use up some frozen bananas in my freezer! I also liked that sweetness could be adjusted extremely easily.



A few notes
  • Colleen suggested not to skimp out on the chocolate as that is really the only sweetener in these cookies (aside from the bananas and unsweetened coconut). I used about 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (rather than 1/2 chocolate bar as per the original recipe) and thought this amount was adequate.
  • I used 4 (instead of 3) bananas.  I think this made my batter wetter so I ended up baking the cookies for closer to 18 minutes
  • I used a blend of large flake and quick oats
  • It was unclear in the recipe how many cookies this recipe yielded. I made about 24 cookies that were about 2 inches in diameter.  These cookies don't flatten when baking so shape them on the baking sheet exactly how you want them
  • I couldn't really taste the unsweetened shredded coconut so I might increase the amount when I make these again

No comments:

Post a Comment