Thursday, May 1, 2014

Creamy Potato Chowder

This soup from Oh My Veggies looked delicious. Plus, I was curious as to what a dairy free "creamy" soup would taste like!


I really enjoyed this soup - I can't quite describe the flavour but I know the hint of red wine had something to do with it!  I hadn't made cashew cream before - it really does look like cream once it's blended! This soup wasn't too time consuming to prepare and could be eaten alone as a meal.

A few notes:

  • Instead of 4 cups of white potatoes, I used 3 cups and substituted the 4th cup with chopped carrots.  I made things even easier on myself by using mini potatoes which were quickly chopped into quarters (I left the peels on)
  • Instead of 6 cups of vegetable broth, I used 4 cups broth and 2 cups water
  • I excluded the garlic granules (which I didn't have) and included a minced garlic clove instead
  • I used tap water instead of filtered
  • My soup didn't turn out as creamy looking as the photographs by the author - not sure why
Cashew cream
 

No comments:

Post a Comment