Saturday, April 12, 2014

Zucchini Fettuccine with Rosemary Butternut Creme Sauce

I've tried a few different versions of pasta sauce using butternut squash and I think this one is my favourite so far (Thanks to Nancy for directing me to it!). This recipe is from In Sonnet's Kitchen.

I have made this dish twice now and it is great!

A few notes:
  • This dish is rather time consuming to make - preparing the noodles and scooping out the butternut squash in particular!
  • I didn't have a spiralizer to make the beautiful fettuccine noodles as shown by the author so I used a julienne peeler instead to make "spaghetti" noodles.
  • After I prepared the zucchini noodles, I put them in a large bowl and tossed with salt. Before adding them to the pan with the mushrooms, I drained the water.
  • I used a blend of shitake, white and crimini mushrooms, probably between 3 to 4 cups when sliced.
  • The first time I made this, I used oregano and basil instead of rosemary. The second time I used rosemary but less than 2 tsp.  Not sure which spices I liked better!
  • Instead of broth I used water in the sauce.
  • I had leftover butternut squash sauce both times for the amount of noodles and mushrooms I made. The leftover sauce worked nicely as a sauce for baked chicken breast later on in the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment