Saturday, April 19, 2014

Roasted Portobello and Chickpea Burritos with Chimichurri Sauce




I was looking for a "Saturday afternoon" kind of lunch to make and this recipe from Oh My Veggies grabbed my attention.

This recipe was delicious! Very fresh testing with the "chimichurri" sauce - the combination of the roasted portobello mushrooms and chickpeas was tasty.

A few notes:
  • Along with the mushrooms, chickpeas, cauliflower and chimichurri sauce, I also included tomatoes and avocado.  I totally forgot about the cilantro but I would have included it too had I remembered!
  • As an alternative to the portobello mushrooms, I also roasted about 12 white mushrooms.
  • I used pesto wraps.
  • If I was running short on time, I'd probably skip out on the cauliflower mixture and just substitute in another vegetable (maybe some spinach?) or brown rice as suggested by the author.




1 comment:

  1. These were so killer!! Should be in a super trendy restaurant!!

    ReplyDelete