Sunday, July 20, 2014

Honeyberry Vanilla Chia Seed Jam



I recently received 4 quarts of honeyberries.  That is A LOT of berries!  But wait a second, what is a honeyberry?  I'd never heard of them before, but they look like blueberries with an elongated shape.  They taste sort of like blueberries, but not quite like blueberries. Whatever the flavour, they are tasty.  I wasn't sure what I was going to do with all of these berries!  To start I thought, why not try making jam?  The recipe I used is from Oh She Glows.

I liked this jam!  And I was pleased to find out that making this sort of jam was very easy to make.

A few notes
  • I excluded the maple syrup
  • I cooked the jam for closer to 25 minutes






2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of honeyberries! Where did you find them? My nephew loves blueberries, and I bet he'd be all over these.

    - Christy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of Jerry's co-worker's kids picked them! I'm not sure if they grow in Manitoba though...

      Delete