Sunday, February 2, 2014

Peanut Butter & Banana Muffins with Chocolate Frosting

I always seem to have bananas in my freezer waiting to be used.  This recipe is from 
Gluten Free Vegan Girl.  One thing that drew me to this recipe was that there was no added sugar!

A few notes:
  • I didn't read the recipe properly and made 12 muffins instead of 6.  I baked my muffins at 375F for about 20 min.
  • I didn't use muffin cups but rather sprayed my muffin tin with vegetable spray
  • I added about 5 chocolate chips to the centre of the muffins instead of the chocolate square
  • I used natural peanut butter
  • When I was preparing the icing, I almost forgot to remove the pits from the dates, glad I checked!
I liked these muffins.  The peanut butter flavour was very subtle. They certainly were not sweet so I added the icing to all of them. I really liked the icing using the dates. The date flavour was definitely there but wasn't overpowering.  I would definitely use this icing again.






3 comments:

  1. vanilla essence, help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just used vanilla extract...

    ReplyDelete
  3. mom says mmmmmm.
    she just made oatmeal date pancakes. they taste really good when you lather on the butter and syrup...haha just kidding. they are pretty good.

    ReplyDelete