Saturday, February 8, 2014

Chocolate Chip Oat Bars

I had bought some cacao nibs and found this recipe on the product website.  Here is the link.

These bars are delicious!  I've made this recipe a few times now - definitely a keeper!

A few notes:
  • I used medjool dates.  But, instead of the dates, I've also made these bars using 1 cup raisins (soaked in water for about 30 min).  The resulting flavour is slightly different but still good.  But, if given the choice, I would use the dates!
  • Cacao nibs are a little bitter tasting, so this ingredient could definitely be optional
  • I added 1/4 tsp cinnamon to the dry ingredients
  • Canola oil works nicely (instead of coconut oil) and you can half the amount you use
  • I replaced the 'chia seed sprouted powder' with protein powder
  • I used unsweetened almond milk
  • It takes a while to incorporate the wet and dry ingredients.  It seems like there is just not enough wet stuff but trust me, there is!
The dry ingredients

The wet ingredients

Shaping the mixture into a rectangle

Cutting into bars

Just out of the oven, golden brown!

No comments:

Post a Comment