Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Chai-Spiced Sweet Potato Pancakes


I saw this recipe from Ambitious Kitchen - thought these pancakes looked delicious!

Well, my pancakes did not turn out as fluffy looking as the author, but they tasted quite nice!  Perhaps it could have been due to the fact I substituted in rolled oats processed into a coarse "flour" rather than whole wheat flour that the recipe called for!  Maybe I should try making the recipe according to the original ingredients first before attempting substitutions, especially since I really know nothing about the properties of flour.

Back to the pancakes, I had to make sure that they were quite thin for them to cook all the way.  I also had to cook them on each side for about 4 minutes. Also, due to my brilliant rolled oats substitution, the batter kept getting thicker as it sat so I kept on having to add milk to thin it!

Yes, I will make these pancakes again, but try them with plain old whole wheat flour!

Topped with maple syrup!

No comments:

Post a Comment