Monday, June 9, 2014

Yams Stuffed with Mushroom Gravy

This recipe from In Sonnet's Kitchen caught my eye. This dish was delicious!  I've tried this recipe twice now.  The first time I used the "gravy" just for the yams, but the second time I used the "gravy" for both the yams and a roasted turkey (This "gravy" was a great substitute for traditional gravy!)

A few notes:
  • I excluded the red pepper flakes
  • Instead of the 1.5 cups vegetable stock in the cauliflower-cashew mixture, I used 1 cup water instead.  I stopped adding water after 1 cup as the mixture seemed to be getting quite runny.
  • I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical after I blended the cauliflower-cashew mixture - I wasn't sure about adding it to the lovely smelling (and tasting!) mushroom mixture that I had sautéing on the stove.  But, it worked out well.
  • For the "protein" part of the recipe, I used lentils (red split lentils the first time, green lentils the second time)
  • In the recipe, I didn't notice mention of the green garnish in the pictures - looked like parsley to me so that is what I added for garnish

No comments:

Post a Comment